Women and Leadership – Owning Your Strengths and Skills
Women have a long-standing history in the workforce, in all roles from front-line worker to visionary founder, influential behind-the-scenes patron to front-and-center CEO. As women, however, what are the influences, barriers and benefits to our leadership? Do we use or even acknowledge our strengths and skills?
This is a time of great change in the workforce, in part because of the increase in numbers and influence of women in the workplace. Flex time, daycare and caregiver support, and telecommuting are a few examples of workplace initiatives that benefit everyone, but evolved primarily due to the roles and influence of women who are often juggling multiple home, workplace, and community responsibilities. However, there are some areas in which women could still be more visible and vocal.
This one-day course will explore the history of women in the workforce and offer personal opportunities for exploration, identification, and development of leadership strengths and skills.
What Will Students Learn?
- Understand a brief history and evolution of women and leadership
- Recognize barriers to women’s leadership and how to handle them
- Learn how to use barriers to create benefits
- Define Social and Emotional Intelligence and understand its importance in workplace leadership
- Understand the importance of Self-Awareness in identifying and owning your own strengths and skills
- Develop a basic vision and brand for your leadership
- Understand the essential leadership skills for women
- Examine steps and skills to good decision-making
- Create your own Workplace Philosophy Statement and Action Plan
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
What Topics are Covered?
- Women and the Workforce
- Barriers and Benefits to Women’s Leadership
- Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Developing Leadership Awareness and Brand
- Leadership Skills
- Making Good Decisions
- Creating Your Workplace Philosophy
We Guarantee Results
Your complete satisfaction is important to us. If you’re dissatisfied with our training for any reason, let us know right away— we’ll issue you a refund or arrange for you to attend another Freedom Performance Group program. It’s that simple.